Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A quick, pictureless Update!


            Rome is Fantastic! Absolutely gorgous and amazing. I left Venice on the 30th To Aunty Anne's and Uncle Gus's house. Now visiting Family was great. The villiage that they live in is rather small but is really quiet and peaceful. I think it was the perfect transition place between Venice and Roma. First off, everyone knows how amazing my Mom and her sisters are at cooking. That skill obviously runs off from Grandma. Now Aunty has the same ability. the best part about it is all of them deny it. Eating the food, and being with family did make me home sick. To top it all off they live with a wonderful view of the rockies. Aunty took me on a marvelous tour of the area and all I can say is she lives in such a BEAUTIFUL place!!! It is really sad to see all the destruction and broken buildings the earthquake in 2009 caused though. Many of the houses are in poor shape or uninhabitable. The government has not done much to fix anything yet due to poor co-ordination, planning, and generally not caring (From the impression I have gotten).

        Anyways, other then that there are a few really cool facts and stories I have about my 2 day visit with them. When I got there Aunty told me to look for a man carrying a sign with my name on it. I missed him but I heard a name call out ZAK and Uncle Gus was there. He later told Me and my aunt that he only recognized me because I walk differently and hold myself differently then Italians. He also said he knew for sure that it was me as he saw the Flag I proudly sew to the back of my backpack. Aunty Anne also brought me to a Villiage that George Clooney stayed in and shot the movie the American! Really cool!!! I was sad to leave the place so early put with the way everything looks I will be spending my last week in Europe at her place :) Seems like a good idea... the calm before the storm of getting back to work --- UGH. haha.

          Now, back to Roma. I met up with Tom, and Iggy! Turned out to be available as well so it was all great. I got into Roma at about 1;30 pm and had to wait about 3 hours for the others. First thing I did was find a fire hall and hang out there. Har har har. I know im a geek. But they were great to me. Even gave me a light jacket. I took the photo and bid my farewell as I had to meet up with the guys. As horrible as this sounds my first day in Roma was UNEVENTFUL! We walked around a bit and saw some of the sites but I cannot give you too much info as of the moment! Expect a Roman Update for tomorrow or the day after!!!

I miss you guys! I hope everything is great! I heard about the elections!! WOW.

Sorry for the pictureless post! The connection is not strong enough to upload anything. Aka. I am hungary, bored, and restless!

Love you all!!!! Except you. You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you include your name!