Saturday, May 7, 2011

Classical Rome, and a Night out in Naples.




NEVER thought I would take this :)
                I have to say I have done everything typical in Rome (Except for the Sisteen Chapel  because it was over 10 euros entry!). Iggy, Tom and I made our way over to the Roman Forum and Coloseum  the first day. Upon arrival to the Coloseum all our jaws literally dropped. You hear about it, you read about it, you talk about it, frick- you even play video games in it or see it on TV, but nothing could have actually prepared me for it. It's beautifully designed and the layout is extrememly complicated. We went inside without a tour guide as they cost a pretty penny and there was TONS of information on the inside if you kept your eyes open. The Roman Forum (The ruins to the side of the Coloseum ) was a beautiful Walk. This place had a lack of information and that was the only problem for me! It was gorgous!!! I highly recommend you guys check it out! If you do though make sure you buy your tickets at the Roman Forum! The line is about 30 times shorter and faster (You get a joint ticket for the Coloseum too so you can skip the line pretty much!)

A small glipse of the Vatican!
            The Hostel we stayed at was great! It is called the Yellow and I highly recomend it. It was about 80% Canadians so the pub at night was great! I had a blast hanging out with them! There was a little resturant across the street that ser ved the most amazing pasta I have had in my life. We ate there everynight and the waiter literally gave us and did a free shot with us the last night because we were so fun. The other spectacular thing we saw on our trip was the Vatican. It is the most impressive building I think I will ever see. It just shows how much power, wealth and control the church had in the middle ages. We climIt was over 551 steps and some of the passages were so narrow that a larger person would have no way of getting through (I had difficulty at some points!) Some staircases had ropes to aid you in climbing them hahaha. I highly recommend it, but it is a work out. (For an extra cost there was a elevator to take you have way up).

One of the smaller passages
                 My Visa debit card was denied at every bank in Rome the other day. I ran to the Canadian Embassy just outside of the Vatican were they let me use the phone to call CIBC. (They were also closed, it was sooo nice of them to help me I had no money. It looked like they were going to lend me some too!) CIBC said that my pin had been changed and that my account was attempted at a large withdrawl. So they locked it. I feel REALLY lucky I have that maximum withdrawl of 100 dollars (Roughly 70 euros). Everything sorted itself out and its all fixed.  I know what happened, outside of the Roma fire station I tried to use an ATM and they keys were sticky. (With a clear fluid). I tried to wipe everything around and fix it but since then I had a weird feeling. Im happy it is fixed and CIBC assured me it cannot happen again (we changed a bunch of info). So! hahaha A new story to tell about my Eurotrip :) MAFIA mhuahaha.


I am currently in Naples Italy! All I have to report is this, THE PIZZZA IS AMAZING!!!! THE BEST! BE JEALOUS!
MMMMM!

I hope all is good :) Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you include your name!